Veruschka

Friday, November 5, 2010

Liquid Dreams

                                    L*Space Designer Monica Wise
Winter is almost upon us and yet here in southern California it feels more like summer.   No time like the present to talk about bathing suits.  Today I was invited to Smashbox Studios to observe the photo shoot for the upcoming 2011 collection for L*Space by Monica Wise.  My good friend Yvette Charlton was the stylist for the session (shameless plug).  I thought OK its 80 degrees outside and we’re inside photographing a girl in her bathing suit and it’s November.   Most major designers are already sketching for fall/winter 2011.  I just saw Issac Mizrahi’s video blog where he said that he spent this past weekend sketching for his fall/winter 2011 collection and he’s almost done.  That’s the world of fashion for you thus the term fashion forward.  To quote Ferris Bueller, “Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

                                   Stylist Extraordinaire Yvette Charlton
While at the studio I met with the designer and creator of L*Space, Monica Wise.   She is an amazing woman very down to earth and easy to talk to.  Time is money so rather than tie up her time speaking to me I decided to visit her website and view her line.  The inception of her line started in 1997 and has grown into a major must have among celebrities.  Trust me when I say this you have seen one of her bathing suits in a magazine, TV or on a celebrity.  These are not your mother’s bathing suits.  I think what sets Monica apart from other designers of this genre is her love of jewelry and how she was able to combine them in her designs.  The melding of hardware and fabric is genius.  They make women look sultry, sexy and a little edgy.  I could not keep my eyes off the girl who was modeling today.  Even though it is a bathing suit you can still take it to another level with accessories.  Remember gold jewelry on tan skin is sick!

I know most of us are thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas right about now.  So who wants to think about summer?  Yeah I know it’s not quite summer yet but get a head start.  That’s what’s so great about fashion because it moves fast you can jump on the train now and see what’s hot for the season to come.  Not to mention that you have 7 months before summer is here in case you want to get your body bathing suit ready.  I'm wondering when Monica will come out with a men's line (hint, hint).  She can always call it L*Homme.  

For more information on L*Space visit their website at www.lspace.com .   
For some great style tips visit Yvette Charlton’s blog at www.fashionchow.blogspot.com


1 comment:

  1. ok, so maybe this has nothing to do with what you are writing about, but can I just say that I absolutely LOVE your hair here!!!! I've been dying to see a legit pic since I saw on fb that you dyed it, but I did not expect this. It is really fab!!!!

    ReplyDelete