Veruschka

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Second Hand Emotion

In these tough economic times where can one buy clothes without spending a fortune?  My advise to my economically challenge friends is to find a good thrift store.  Some people have mixed emotions about buying clothes that are used.  They feel uneasy about wearing someone elses wares but sometimes you can find clothes that are unique and maybe a little worn.  There are many to choose from here in Los Angeles but my personal favorite is Crossroads Trading Co. in the trendy area of Melrose avenue.  Here is a place where you can buy designer clothes for less.  You can find just about every major fashion label here from current to vintage.

I've always been a huge fan of thrift stores ever since my teens.  When I was strapped for cash and couldn't afford to pay full price for items this was the perfect solution to my fashion dilemmas.  I loved clothes but just didn't have the cash to fulfill my clothing needs.  So I started hitting up all the thrift stores in my area and mind you sometimes it's a hit or miss but I always managed to find that one special piece of clothing that fit my needs.  Believe it or not most of the labels I own in my closet have been purchased at a thrift store.  That's the secret to my fashion.

So put your pride aside a go to a thrift store.  If your looking for an outfit for a party or a night on the town you can always find something good used.  Sometimes you find really great looking clothes in really good condition.  I think it's because people who can afford to buy these clothes wear them for a season and then donate them when they are done with them.  Just like I hope you all donate clothes you no longer want.  It's the circle of fashion life.  Their loss is your gain.  The best time to go to Crossroads is on Sundays.  That is the day they mark their already low prices to half off.   You can't beat that.  The next time you're wearing that designer original ensemble that everyone is raving about let them know you got it second hand.



http://crossroadstrading.com/cm/Home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment