Veruschka

Friday, December 10, 2010

Body Beautiful

What makes clothes sexy?  Is it the way it fits your body?  Is it the designer you are wearing or is it the heads that turn when you walk into a room?   
Living here in the entertainment capitol of the world we all are body conscious and want every piece of clothing to look good when we are wearing them.  So for many of us we hit the gym.  We go 5 times a week sometimes more to achieve that “to die for” sculpted body.  We’re even conscious of what we put into our bodies.   We do all of these regiments so we can fit into that little black dress or that suit that is cut just right.   Is it worth it?
I am a die hard gym fanatic.  I don’t really watch what I eat.   I guess it’s because I know that I can always work it off at the gym later.  I’m not as young as I used to be but I have managed to stay within the same size give or take a few pounds for the last couple of years.  A friend of mine has said that I’m that perfect sample size that designers design for.  I don’t know if I truly believe that but I’ll take the compliment anyway.   I think what makes me feel sexy is the state of mind I am in when I put that outfit on.  I have this one outfit that I love wearing around this time of year that screams yowzah.  Now I don’t expect heads to turn but I do know that when I walk out of my home and into the streets I feel incredibly confident and sexy.  Is it really the clothes that are doing that or is it me?    Designers season after season come up with these amazing ready to wear and couture garments that exude sexiness.  This doesn’t mean that when you put that same garment on that you’ll look as stunning as the models wearing it but it’s what you feel when you wear it.  Why even the famed Carrie Bradshaw, a slave to fashion that she is isn’t statuesque nor does she have model features but she carries herself with confidence and pizazz.  It doesn’t matter what size you are or how tall or short you are it’s really your mind set.  There is that saying that one can wear a potato sack and make it look good.  The reason this is true is the attitude of the person in that potato sack.
What it all comes down to is how you feel when you look into the mirror.  We’re our own worst critics sometimes.   If we look at ourselves and I mean really look at ourselves and know that we are amazing no matter what size we are then that’s what makes us sexy not the clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment