Veruschka

Friday, December 17, 2010

Sleep Mode

I was watching the Talk on CBS a few days ago and they brought up the topic of sleepwear.  It became a sort of debate on what do you wear when you go to bed.  Are married couples less likely to dress sexy in bed for their significant others than single people?  When dating, do we tend to dress more provocatively?  Once we’re married does it stop?  Do children play a role in what you wear to bed?  What do you wear when you go to bed?  Is it a matter of comfort or sexiness?
For me it’s a matter of comfort.  I sleep in sweat pants and a tee shirt.  I know me being the fashion icon that I am dress like that when I go to bed but alas I do.  I think it’s because I get cold easily.  Not to mention you never know when there will be an emergency like an earth quake, fire etcetera.  I figure at least I am dressed descent if I have to make a run for it.  I’m not sure if I would change what I sleep in if I were in a relationship but then again I am single in the city. 
I asked the public this same question and I received a lot of interesting feedback.   Most of the women I polled said that to them it’s a matter of comfort rather than sexiness.  The married couples said that it depends on the length of time they have been married.  When you’re newlyweds you tend to dress sexy but as the years go on it’s all about comfort.  This doesn’t mean you stop dressing sexy for your mate.  It just means you save it for special occasions.
The men I polled on the other hand said the less they wear in bed the better.  These views were said by both single and married men.  The consensus was that the men felt too constricted by clothes and that less was better.  For some it was a tee shirt and shorts.  For others it was just underwear and the rest said they felt the most comfortable sleeping naked.  Those who slept naked said they relied on their bedding as clothing. 
Whether you are single or in a relationship wear what makes you feel the best in bed.  If you feel the most comfortable in sweats then wear them.  If you feel you’ll get the best nights sleep with less on then shed your clothes.    Remember that in the end this is just sleep not a Victoria’s Secret fashion show. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great topic. i've been married for 11 years and neither of us EVER got sexy for bed. WHY? Its justwasted money spent on clothes that if the night is hot..will end up on the floor anyways;0 Its all about comfort for us. With kids in and out of our bed on a nightly basis...the challenge is remembering to put the clothes on before we fall asleep;) But I have to admit the "fire" has subsided since we had kids...and maybe putting a little effort into the evening..like what we wear might help a bit. But I still say...quality sleep is much more important right now. COMFORT, COMFORT, COMFORT!

    ReplyDelete