Veruschka

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Year In Review

Christmas is now over and New Years is just around the corner.  We have made it through another year of fashion and fun.  Tonight I am leaving on a plane to the sunny Island of Puerto Rico.  I even took my own advice and packed ahead of schedule.  This is the first time in years that I’m really prepared for a trip.  What a stress reliever that has been.  I don’t know about you but I am over all this rain we received in Los Angeles these past few weeks.  I want to be lying on Condado Beach with a drink in hand reflecting on the year that was 2010. 
It’s always interesting to travel to another country.  I like to check out the local style and energy of the city I am visiting.  I like to see how the locals live.  Let’s not forget the night life.  I like to see how people dress when going out.  I brought a wide variety of clothes so I hope I will fit right in.  I’m wondering what kind of fashion influences Puerto Rico has besides the obvious US influence.   Is it more laid back casual or is it stylish and sophisticated.  This is why I travel to experience different cultures.  When I arrive to my destination I like to immerse myself in the city and become a local.  I never understood that whole tourist look.  You know the big camera the even bigger map with a God awful Hawaiian shirt.  I feel there’s a story there.  I’ll blog all about it when I return next year. 
Lastly, I started this blog about three months ago and I wasn’t sure if I had what it takes to write.   The more I write the more I’m enjoying it.  I’ve written some interesting blogs and next year I plan to write even more.  Thank you all for reading and following my blog.  This was an exciting year for me personally and I know that next year will be even better.  The ending of another year and a beginning of another year is always something to look forward to.  It’s a cleansing of the old and on with the new.   In Buddhism there is a saying, you can’t change the past but you can change the future.  The actions we make now will determine our future.
 I wish you all much happiness and great fortune in 2011.  This is Alta Moda signing off for 2010.  Look out Puerto Rico here I come!    
                                            Condado Beach 

No comments:

Post a Comment